THE LIFE OF AN APPLE
"The Life of an Apple" is a crankie that incorporates hand drawn illustration, shadow puppets, tabletop and lighting effects to tell the story of an apple. From seed, to tree, to fruit, to unforeseen circumstances.
- Black Cherry Puppet Theater, March 2016, Baltimore
- Puppet Homecoming, Sept 2016, Catskills NY
EL CIRCO DE FRIDA (FILM)
"El Circo de Frida" is a puppet film inspired by images from Frida Kahlo's journal and dedicated to Daniele Finzi-Pasca. A collaboration with Elena Day, Sharon Crissinger, and Gabriela Fernandez-Coffey.
Filmed by Sharon Crissinger.
THE DEATH SHOW
"The Death Show" is a crankie that was created for Happenstance Theater's first fundraiser, My Heart Belongs to DADA, in Feb of 2013. Inspired by the music of Dead Man's Bones, "The Death Show" follows the journey of a skeleton who falls in love with a sleeping woman.
- Happenstance Atelier, Feb 2013, Rockville, MD
- Clown Cabaret, 2013, Washington, D.C.
OFF THE RECORD
"Off the Record" is a toy theater show created for Baltimore's Black Cherry Puppet Theater. It was inspired by the Smithsonian Folkways live recordings of Bill Monroe and Doc Watson from 1963-1980.
- Black Cherry Puppet Theater, Baltimore: Puppet Slamwich, June 2013
- Greenbelt Arts Center, MD: Artful Afternoon, Oct 2013
"Benvenuto" is a puppet show about a fish who falls in love with a human. The character of Benvenuto was inspired by the sketches of a pipe-smoking fish drawn by my great-grandfather, Fred Zimmermann.
- DC Clown Cabaret, 2012, Washington, D.C.